I’m having a little love affair with vellum flowers at the moment. I think it’s delicateness of them along with the versatility that I’m attracted to.
I’m not sure if you do this, but when I’m punching out a shape, I like to punch some extra ones and set them aside in a little box on my desk so that next time I’m making a card, I have something quick to dip into for an embellishment. Do you do this too, or maybe the same thing but with die-cuts or embossed pieces?
In this card I’ve punched out some vellum flowers from Stampin’ Up!’s Gold Foil vellum and left them as is to create a light and pretty card. If you like a more vintage style, then you’ll want to look at this card I made using Stampin’ Up!’s Blossom Punch to get another card idea for using vellum flowers and to see the effect of layering them.
Back to this card, I’ve added a photo for you to see what the vellum looks like as I’m punching out the flowers:
And a close up of the details on the card:
Here’s some instructions on how I made this card:
1. Start with half a piece of A4 white cardstock and fold it in half to make your base card.
2. Trim down the other half of your white cardstock so that it’s slightly smaller than the front of your base card then place it into the Chevron Embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot to emboss. Mount the embossed card onto your base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals (foam dots).
3. Punch out five flowers using Stampin’ Up!’s Pansy Punch, positioning the punch so that the gold dots on the vellum are in the centre of the flower (as shown in the photo above). Adhere these flowers onto your card using Dimensionals (foam dots) placed under the gold centre so that the adhesive isn’t showing.
4. Stamp your greeting then die cut it into an oval using The Big Shot and Oval Framelits.
5. Pierce holes around the oval using the Paper Piercing template then adhere to your card and add a small bow to the top using a length of Seam Binding. You can adhere the ribbon with a glue dot.
That’s it! your card is finished This card is also great as a birthday card, just change your stamped greeting.
If you have any questions about how I made the card or products I’ve used, or if you wish to purchase any Stampin’ Up! products, please feel free to email me. Or you can just click the button below to shop now 24/7.
If you’re interested in the Stampin’ Up! products that I used to create this card I have a list here for you:
Rubber Stamps: Six Sided Sampler (Clearmount: 130956) (Woodmount: 130953).
Inkpads/Markers: Coastal Cabana Inkpad (131175)
Cardstock & Paper: Whisper White (106549), Gold Foil Vellum (133363)
Tools: Pansy Punch (130698), Big Shot (113439), Chevron Embossing Folder (127749), Ovals Collection (129381), Magnetic Plate (130658) for the Big Shot is optional but super handy when using Framelits. Paper piercer (126189), Paper Piercing Pack – Occasions (129387), Piercing Mat (126199)
Accessories: Pool Party Seam Binding (125582)
Adhesives: SNAIL, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
Don’t forget, there’s less than two weeks left of our Sale-a-bration promotion. This means you receive a free product with every $90 purchase. Click on the image below to see the Sale-a-bration brochure or email me if you’d like a copy in the mail.