Have you seen Breaking Dawn yet? I imagine if Bella and Edward had Wedding Favours (Bonbonerie) then this box with the black & red theme would work well. Although it seemed that in the movie a large number of guests colour-coordinated themselves in soft purple colours, red & black still screams Twilight to me.
And look at this… the pattern is also very reminiscent of Bella’s bedding from the Twilight movies
And if you can see past that gorgeousness that is Edward Cullen you can see the bedding pattern in the background.
By now you’re probably thinking I’m a bit weird to notice all this. But it’s just a “Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator” thing to notice things in the shops, movies and wherever you go that remind you of a particular stamp or colour. I’m forever seeing t-shirts and cushions and other home items with Stampin’ Up! style images like bird cages, swirls and crowns and similar flower designs. Of course it’s difficult to pass by clothes without saying “ooh, love that Cherry Cobbler top”, rather than “ooh love that red top”.
Aaaanyway. The box that I created above was super super easy to make. And not sure if it’s even possible to tell in the photo but the box is made of fabric so it’s really beautiful to hold and touch – but still very quick to make.
Gift Box Instructions:
1. Take a piece of white cardstock and cut it to fit the Box #2 die (this will be a sheet of A4 cardstock cut down to be narrower).
2. Cut a piece of Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet to measure the same as your white cardstock, peel off one side of the protective covering and place it over your cardstock.
3. Peel off the other side of the protective covering from the Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet and place your fabric (cut to the same size) on top.
4. Now you have your fabric backed by cardstock it’s easy to run through your Big Shot using the Box #2 die to cut out the box shape.
5. The box comes out in one piece with scoring so simply fold and assemble your box – there’s only one place to add a little adhesive (Sticky Strip) to keep the box together.
6. Decorate your box as you please. I’ve tied some Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding around the box and stamped a frame, punched it out, wrote “for you” on it then adhered it to the box.
Easy! Done in less than 10 steps
And here’s a list of Stampin’ Up! products that I used to create this card:
Cardstock & Paper:
Whisper White Cardstock
Inkpad and Other Colouring Items:
Cherry Cobbler Inkpad
Black marker to write message
Box #2 Die
Decorative Label Punch
Timeless Portrait Fabric
Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding
Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets