I think I’m lovin’ this new Retro Fresh suite that Stampin’ Up! has brought out. Usually I prefer vintage, simply because anything that’s on the ‘clean’ looking side is just screaming for me to put an inky thumb print on or mess it up in some way. But the fun retro feel of this polaroid die and the paper is fun and fresh.
I made this card for a new friend who is very much into taking photos so the little camera that I cut out with the Big Shot was the perfect embellishment for this card.
Do you want to make this card? It super easy Here’s some quick instructions:
- Emboss a piece of white cardstock (slightly smaller than your base card) using the Arrows Embossing Folder and adhere to your base card.
- Die cut Costal Cabana cardstock using the Polaroid die and glue patterned paper behind it.
- Run some Washi Tape over the bottom of the Polaroid then tie Bakers Twine around it.
- Place a little Washi Tape over a wooden heart shaped embellishment and trim around to neaten up (super quick to do!) then adhere to the polaroid as shown in the photo.
- Stamp “Hello Friend” in Costal Cabana ink on a small piece of scrap white cardstock. Layer onto Silver Glimmer Paper. Stick it on the patterned paper using Dimensionals (foam dots).
- Cut out a little camera embellishment with the Big Shot using the On Film Framelits and Silver Foil sheet and attach as shown in the photo.
- That’s it! Attach your finished Polaroid onto the front of your card using Dimensionals (foam dots).
So what do you think? Do you like the retro look?
If you have any questions about the card or products I’ve used, or if you wish to purchase any Stampin’ Up! products, please feel free to email me. Or you can just click the button below to shop now 24/7.
And here’s a list of Stampin’ Up! products that I used to create this card:
Rubber Stamps: Peachy Keen (Clearmount: 133113) (Woodmount: 133110)
Cardstock & Paper: Whisper White (106549), Costal Cabana (131302), Silver Glimmer Paper (124005), Silver Foil Sheet (132178), Retro Fresh Paper (132993)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), On Film Framelits Dies (132969), Arrows Embossing Folder (132187), Magnetic Plate (130658) for the Big Shot is optional but super handy when using Framelits.
Accessories: Silver Bakers Twine (132976), Wooden Elements (132258)
Adhesives: SNAIL, Stampin’ Dimensionals (foam dots), Glue Dots
One last thing! It’s Sale-a-bration time right now. Which means you receive a free product with every $90 purchase. Click on the image below to see the Sale-a-bration brochure or email me if you’d like a copy in the mail.